I enjoy teaching English to speakers of other languages.
I will assess your needs for free – first by email, and then in person.
After that, I charge between £20 and £30 per hour for one-to-one lessons in Bristol, UK.
I can travel up to 2 miles from Bristol city centre to teach you in your home or in a cafe or bar – I particularly like North Street, Bedminster.
For more distant students, I charge extra for travel, or I can teach via Skype at no extra cost.
I work with learners aged 18 and above.
I look forward to your email.
Relevant background and experience:
- Worked in the English Language Teaching department at Oxford University Press
- First class BA in English language and literature from Oxford University
- Distinction-level MPhil in criticism and culture from the English faculty at Cambridge University
- PhD in art history from the Open University
- As a trained copy-editor and proofreader, I have worked with graduate students, academics, and professional authors, including non-native English speakers
- Completed a CELTA course (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at International House Bristol in April 2019
A longer CV can be found here.
If your English is at an advanced level and you particularly want to improve your writing, you may also be interested in my editorial services.